Posted on 8.31.2022
Do you love organization? Do you love making sure things get done on time and well? Do you get satisfaction from elegant systems that work smoothly to support a team and strategy committed to accomplishing big things? Do you thrive in a scrappy start-up culture focused on achieving demonstrable results? Do databases and spreadsheets set your hear aflutter…and you like people too?
Do you love freedom and free enterprise and the opportunity to make Louisiana a land of opportunity and human flourishing? It’s a big task, and it takes talented, driven people to get the job done. Is that person you?
The Pelican Institute for Public Policy seeks a Development Systems Manager to keep our team on task. You’ll be responsible for the execution of a comprehensive and aggressive fundraising strategy to include direct mail, individual and foundation donors, digital communication and more. At the Pelican Institute, we care deeply for our investors and partners, and building transformational relationships is at the center of that work. But a rapidly growing base of supporters and an ambitious future vision means there’s a lot of organizing to do.
The position requires regular time in the organization’s New Orleans or Baton Rouge office, but there may be opportunities for (part-time) remote work for the right candidate.
The position requires strong organization skills, consistency in execution, a natural curiosity, and desire to grow. This is an opportunity for someone with a passion for liberty to build on a strong foundation of support and take an already successful growth strategy to the next level. To do this, the ideal candidate will execute on a variety of strategies, including the following:
- Organize and execute a multifaceted donor stewardship program
- Track and report progress on donor and prospect outreach strategies
- Maintain the organization’s fundraising database with a strong commitment to accuracy (DonorPerfect)
- Measure results and produce regular reports tracking progress toward objectives
- Oversee implementation of high-dollar direct mail program and some digital fundraising
- Manage busy calendar of grant reports and proposals throughout the year
- Jump in to fill any gaps, no matter the task, to deliver results
A successful candidate will have some demonstrated experience in professional (or semi-professional) organizational skills and will have a commitment to free-market policy solutions. Even better would be 1-3+ years of experience in non-profit or campaign fundraising or project management. Relevant experience in external affairs, grassroots or community engagement where cultivation and organizational skills are drivers of success will be considered. While direct experience is valuable, success in this role will require an emphasis on the following attributes:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be a self-starter and self-driver
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office products and to quickly become expert in various databases
- A demonstrated appetite for hard work and continued learning
How to Apply
To apply, send resume and list of references to: Aly Rau, firstname.lastname@example.org