Better Than a Bailout: Spending Cuts and Transparency
Last week Gov. Bobby Jindal outlined six fiscal policy reforms that will bring greater flexibility, accountability and transparency to the state budget. Specifically, these reforms will:
- Raise the cap on cutting budgetary spending units
- Eliminate the two-year limit on dedicated fund reductions
- Enhance dedicated fund accountability through performance reviews
- Enact a four-year sunset for statutorily created funds
- Increase transparency in K-12 education spending
- Create a user-friendly website that provides comprehensive information about schools
Spending cuts, accountability and transparency. These proposals won’t solve all of Louisiana’s problems, but they may spare Bobby Jindal from this fate.
By sharing your phone number and/or email address, you consent to receive emails, calls, and texts from Pelican Action. You may opt-out at any time.